In this article, you'll learn how to send a test invite to yourself and what to look out for
Whether you're new to betterbunch or you've just made a change to your betterbunch account, it's a great idea to test out your invites to make sure they're running smoothly.
We recommend doing this every time you tweak your settings.
How to send a test invitation
Sending a test invitation to yourself is easy. Follow the instructions below to learn how.
- Login to your betterbunch account
Click Create Invitation on the top/right of the dashboard and navigate to the Single Invite tab
- Enter your personal name and email address to send a test email. Alternatively, type your personal name and cellphone number so an SMS invitation
- Hit Send Invitation and choose to Send now
- Done! Your test invitation will arrive in a few minutes
What to look out for when sending a test invitation
When you send your test invitation, we recommend checking a few different things to ensure you're using betterbunch to its full potential.
- Our first recommendation is to test both SMS and email invites. While most invites are sent by SMS, some may be sent via email and you want to make sure both are tip-top
- Is your logo crisp, clean and sharp? If it's a little blurry or small, take a look at this article to learn how to update it
- Check to make sure you're happy with the wording of the email or SMS you are sending out. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes and that your business name is correct. If you think it needs tweaking, you can learn how to update your invitation template here
- This one is important!
Test the thumbs-up process to confirm customers are directed to the right review site. It's rare, but some companies have multiple Google or Facebook pages or similar names. You want to be sure you're directing customers to leave reviews on your profile, and not a business in Germany with the same name
If you find your invitation leads to the wrong profile, update your review sites using the instructions found here