In this article, you'll learn how to send follow-up invitations to a list of customers at one time
There are three ways to send invitations from betterbunch. You can send a single invitation to one customer at a time; you can connect Automation so that invitations are sent automatically after a job is complete, or you can send a bulk invitation to a list of customers at once.
Following up with a list of customers at once is easy. Simply download a list of customers from your job management software, CRM or invoicing software, format it to suit, and then upload it to betterbunch for sending. Read on to learn how it's done.
How to download a list of customers from your database
First things first, we need a list of your customers that you'd like to send your invitations to. Most jobs management, customer relationship management and invoicing platforms will allow you to export customer data so we recommend downloading the list from your software provider rather than manually creating a list.
This list of customers you'd like to send invitations to needs to include your customer's first name, email address and/or mobile number.
The list must be in a comma-separated value format (commonly known as a .csv file) when uploaded into betterbunch. However, csv. files can be a little tricky to work with, so we recommend saving your list as an Excel or Google Sheets document if your software allows it. This means you can easily format the list before saving it as a csv. file.
If you're unsure how to download a list of your recent customers from your software platform, check out the recommendations below.
- Here's how to find a list from Xero
- This is how to extract a list from MYOB
- Or maybe you need to extract a list from simPRO
- If you use a different software system or still have issues, feel free to copy the message below and send it to your software provider so they can help you export the relevant data.
I was hoping you could help me out.
I'm looking to download a list of every client we've serviced within the past 12 months. Can you please help me generate that list? It needs to be a csv. file and contain:
a) Their first name
b) Their email address
c) Their mobile phone number
For reference, here's an example of what it needs to look like."
How to format the list of customers
Once you have exported the list of customers you'd like to send an invitation to, you need to check that it's in the correct format. The file must be saved in a comma-separated value format (.csv) and contain your customers' first names, phone numbers, and/or email addresses.
Check out this article to see how your csv. file must look
How to upload the list of customers to betterbunch
Once you've downloaded your list of customer, and formatted your list to suit, follow the steps below to upload your list to betterbunch and send your invitations.
- Login to your betterbunch account
Click Create Invitation on the top right of the dashboard and navigate to the Bulk Invite tab
- Select Browse or drag and drop your csv. file into the box
- Hit Send Invitation, and you'll be met with the option to Send now or Send invitation later.
The ball is in your court, but sending it later (at the preferred time) is a great way to help increase conversion rates. We find people are likely to be sitting on the couch, ready and waiting to leave great feedback later in the evening.
- Send. Done!
Tips, tricks and other things to remember when sending bulk invitations
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when sending single invitations to your customers.
- If you're new to betterbunch, we recommend you send a bulk invitation to all customers you've serviced in the past 12 months. This is a great way to generate a push of reviews to get you started. Be sure to customise the text to suit these retrospective customers - more on this in the next bullet point
- You can customise the invitation text and invitation style, and we absolutely recommend you check it out!
This is a great way to help increase conversion rates as customers are more likely to interact with invitations that feel personalised and match your brand. Learn more about customising your SMS text here, your email text here, and your invitation style here
- Remember that the customer name displayed in your csv.file will be the name that will be displayed in the invitation. With this in mind, we recommend using the name you would refer to them as. Think first name only. Matt, not Mr Matthew Smith for example.
- Just remember, if you include a mobile number only, then your invitation will be sent via SMS. Similarly, if you include an email address only, then your invitation will be sent via email.
If you include both an email address and a mobile number, then your invitation will be sent to whichever contact method you have prioritised in your sending rules
- As an easy reminder to send invitations regularly, we recommend bookmarking betterbunch to your web browser, and setting some time aside in your calendar each week to send your invitations
- Food for thought: Most industries have a number of customer segment groups they can request reviews from. Get creative!
If you are a Property Manager, consider sending a bulk invitation to incoming tenants, outgoing tenants, and new landlords every week.
Similarly, an electrician could send invitations to their residential customers every week, and then send a one-off bulk invitation to their repeat clients like builders and real estate agents every few months.